Monday 28 October 2013

Saturday 26 October 2013

A lengthy absence.  Did you think we had all disappeared from the face of the Earth?!  And Gisèle only having done one entry of her holiday diary too...

I cannot explain our silence without being unacceptably indiscreet.  Gisèle is unable to maintain discretion, so she has not been told of the circumstances - and it is hard to explain without revealing too much.  Suffice it to say that my partner recently appeared in a public broadcast under an assumed name.  It had a profound effect on the audience and spiralled outwards (continuing to do so on some forums).  A further statement on the same programme; some attention from a tabloid newspaper and the attention of a UK Government Department.  My partner has stopped reading the online comments and debates - the majority are very touching and supportive.  Some, however, are downright unpleasant (probably courtesy of the online flamers and trolling communities) and are not worthy of a second glance.

This is all I will trust myself to bark.  There is much tiredness in this house, as huge storms afflicted our area last night - 99mph winds and torrential rain; the worst storms seen in this country since 1987.  Betty and Gisèle had to help my partner pull branches off the Gizmobile and out of the road so that they could go to work this morning...  All safe and well though, which is the main thing.

Barking of which, please see the image below from our friends at TheUncommonDog and keep safe this weekend...

...and I apologise for being vague...

Copyright All rights reserved by The Uncommon Dog



I told Gizzles that she should step up and write the second entry of her holiday diary - but she is tired, having been kept awake by the storm last night and woken early by the sound of chainsaws this morning.  Quite apart from that, Betty has rejoined us for the week and the two girls are playing and capering like nutters.  She says she will post it up tomorrow.  Hmmm... my hopes aren't high...

Good evening to you, nonetheless...

2 comments:

Lance said...

Well, St. Jasper, as usual I am in total agreement with you. My hopes for seeing ANY posting from Miss. Gisele while Miss. Betty is there are pretty slight.

I am VERY glad to hear that you, your Ruth, and "the girls" survived the storm intact. I heard the forecast courtesy of BBC Radio online and hoped for nothing but the very best for all of you.

HUGE HUGS all around (as usual).

XXOO, Lance

Dog Breeds said...

Incredibly educational write-up! I favor that!