Saturday 14 September 2013

Saturday 14 September 2013

A mostly photo-based entry today.  Due, at least in part, to my partner's endeavours to achieve a Summer 2013 joint-portrait of Elizabeth and Gisèle, during the former's recently lengthy stay with us.  Alas!  The path of charming photography rarely runs smooth...  

My partner was thwarted in her attempts by, amongst other things:
Sunbathing
Sudden movement










Over-earnestness

Idle dozing
 
Deep sleeping











Play-fighting


Giggling
Gluttony

Sudden itchiness



Betty getting distracted
     
Unexpected discarded crumb discovery











An impromptu friendly kiss

Betty losing it & deciding to pose alone




















AT LAST!!  Something passably acceptable...

So there is a summed-up summer for you.  And now, that tell-tale autumnal nip is in the air...

Gisèle's first boyfriend, Boris the "Labra-Doodle" is coming to stay for one night from tomorrow.  Gisèle is almost beside herself with anticipation.  I am preparing myself to be wilfully blind to 24 hours of giggling, coquettish flirtation and general cheeky silliness.  It's times like these that I wish Betty was back again...

Pip pip...

3 comments:

Lance said...

What lovely pictures! Please thank your Ruth for sharing them with us.

I think it's time we heard more about Boris! LabraDoodles are a fun breed... and they don't shed! We have a GoldenDoodle that has moved into the other half of our semi-detached -- and she is as adorable as she can be!

I LOVE Autumn... but not nearly as much as I love Christmas! WOO HOO!!

HUGE hugs all around (as usual).

XXOO, Lance

Steph Cooke said...

Great pictures of the two ladies and perfectly sums up their summer together- I love the one of Betty hugging Giselle whilst she sleeps! I have just noticed that Giselle's second name is Stephanie- I am honoured!!

xx

Dog Breeds said...

Lovely picture!!!!!!!!!!