Wednesday 22 December 2010

Wednesday 22 December 2010

Is it me, or is it cold?

No - it's just cold.  Just as much indoors as out.  No matter how high we turn the heating, the cracks in our window-frames mean that the temperature never rises above 13º within doors.  My partner has resorted to candles to supplement the warmth for which we have already paid.  Usually between five and eight candles will suffice.  I enjoy the warmth from those, as well as my blankets (I am more delicate than she is).

And, in common with most of the rest of the country, we have received a thick blanketing of snow, just beginning to recede - though the lanes to work are still very treacherous.  Here are the obligatory "see Jasper frolic" images:




And, finally, the post-frolic "All-Purpose-Jasper-H.-Stafford-Self-Warming-Stratagem".


Just a short one from me tonight - my paws are getting parky.  But tomorrow is our last day at work before the new year:  2011 - we never thought we'd live to see it!; so expect from me, imminently, a thrilling update to my partner's geranium-propagation experiments - and the next instalment of The Evolution of Jasper.  Until then, stay warm and stay safe.

Good night.

4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I certainly HOPE that 13* to which you refer is in Celcius for if it is in Farenheit your home is below freezing and well you SHOULD be cold. I doubt if even your candles would do you much good then!

Stay buried under those blankies and enjoy your Christmas.

Lance said...

Jasper, you silly boy... WHY are you frolicking in the snow ON YOUR BACK when it's so cold outside? You are very lucky to have your Ruth to provide warm cozy blankets to snuggle up in.

I LOVE the pictures though.

I hope you and your Ruth (and her Mum & Dad) have all kinds of fun with Nephew Ewan and Carys over the Christmas holiday. Looking forward to hearing ALL about it.

Love and hugs all around for a BEAUTIFUL Christmas.

XXOO, Lance

The Animal Doctor said...

Jasper, I can not even begin to imagine how cold 13 degrees Celcius is! Keep warm and be safe ok?

Im excited to read how you spent your christmas. Our Secretary made meatloaf for us-yummy. I hope Trudis starts putting on weight.

We count our blessing all these years, and these include you and Ruth.Thank you so much. Merry Merry Christmas to all of you!

loves, Scarlet

Angie said...

Oh how you must be hating your truly! I haven't been keeping up with blogs properly - pure laziness on my part.

13 degs C???!!! B****** H*** Jazz, even penguins wouldn't want that. Crikey, even the Buzzard wouldn't wish that on you! Have you tried cling film as a way of temporarily 'double glazing' the windows? Foil behind the rads to reflect heat back? Move back to mum's for the duration?

I'd sooner be hungry than cold, I would really.

If warm wishes could help, you wouldn't BE cold.

lots of love, Angie, zzzzzz