Sunday 19 October 2008

Sunday 26 August 2007

Ouch-ouch-ouch! It hurts, it hurts. I am in lots and lots of pain.

I was in the park with Maisie and was viciously assaulted by two unknown dogs, entirely without warning. They intended to harm me.

It was a little terrier and a huge retriever, working in tandem. I cannot discount the possibility that they were hired professional assassins, engaged by one of my former lady-friends. The terrier went straight for my neck and while I was occupied in shaking him off, the retriever bit deeply into my back left leg. I screamed in pain and Maisie yelled at the dogs and beat them off with the bag of bread that we were taking to feed to the ducks. The persons responsible for these savages were two little children, only about eight or nine years old, with NO supervising adults.

I staggered about blindly and then collapsed. I was rushed to the vets immediately, where the leg was clipped and shaved and then washed before being injected to guard against blood-poisoning. In-depth examination revealed that - thank God - no nerves had been severed, although my leg muscle has been deeply penetrated by tooth. The pain is quite incredible. I was given more injections of antibiotic and anti-inflammatory and despatched home with two sets of tablets to be taken twice daily. Guuurgh... luvvvleee druggse.... urph.... (whimper) want moor drugzzzzzzzzzzz........... ohhhhhh...

Oh, it hurts SO much. I have been feverish and panting, feeling as though I were burning up, and desperately sick on the carpet. My distraught partner did not chide me, she merely cleared up the sick without a word and then held me close while I sobbed. But now I am so tired.

My partner is putting me to bed for a long sleep. My head aches and my leg has never been more stiff and sore. All I want is to drift softly into the arms of Morpheus...

I am so, so, so very very tired.....

'night...

No comments: